Git: Git is a free and distrubuted opensource version control, it helps in maintaining your sourcecode.
Github: It is a remote repository, available as free/premium singups based on your requirement.
- Download and Install git version control for Windows – https://git-scm.com/
- $ git init => intializes local giit repository, creates .git folder as well
- $ git add <File> => Adds <files> to index or staging folder. OR $ git add * => Adds files recursively
- $ git status => Check status of working tree. Shows difference between working tree and staging area
- $ git commit => Commit changes from index/staging area to the local repo.
- $ git remote
- $ git push => Push from Local to Remote repo. Asks password.
- $ git pull => Pull the latest from remote repo.
- $ git clone => Clones repo into new repo
Push it to Github
- Create repository on the Github to which you would like to push it.
- git remote add origin your repo name that you created in step1
- git push -u origin master ..or push it the existing repository.